This 6-hour seminar organised by Cornwall Law Society and X-Press Legal Services will cover a review of the latest practice and procedures in conveyancing including:
Morning Session - Topical Issues for Residential Conveyancing 2017:
Andrew Crawford will review the topical issues for residential conveyancers for 2017. He will give an update on developments from last year and provide some revision on key areas as well.
- SDLT Higher rate for second homes: the wrinkles
- CML Handbook changes
- Land Registry practice
- Client ID problems in light of recent cases
- Some leasehold issues
- Recent cases
- Statutory changes
Afternoon Session - Buying Leasehold – avoiding the pain and angst!
Designed to remind and reassure residential conveyancers of the issues and checks to be made when buying leasehold flats. Delegates will be given practical hints and advice on checking leases and some of the trickier aspects will be analysed including:
- CML requirements
- Enforceability of responsibilities
- User clauses to look out for
- Insurance arrangements
- Shared ownership issues
- Missing landlords
- Right to manage
- Service charge arrears
The following specific “Learning Outcomes” are anticipated:
- Reaffirmation of your current up to date competence.
- Better understanding as to how to act on a leasehold purchase.
- A revision of some key areas for residential conveyancers.
Location: Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club, Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin, PL30 5AQ
Cornwall Law Society Members £117.50 + vat
Non-Members £185.00 + vat
Click HERE to book this event or email email@example.com