After an enjoyable breakfast Sanjay Khandelwar of GroundSure presented a seminar on Energy Reports and Flood Risk. James Ferguson then led a discussion on the aims and format of the group.
It was decided to keep to the format of this first event and to continue with holding them as breakfast meetings.
The events will be held every 2 months and will comprise;
- Continental breakfast and time for attendees to chat with each other
- 1 hours CPD seminar
- Discussion on a topic chosen by the attendees.
Ideas for content came thick and fast from the floor and these included;
- The impact of Local Land Charges being centralised with the land Registry.
- The difference between systems like Veyo, Hoowla and Completion Monitor, how much will they cost, and will they communicate with each other?
- Japanese Knotweed and Invasive Species
- Case Management Systems. What is out there and how good are they?
- National Planning Policy Framework / Local Plan / Neighbourhood Plan
Many other areas were highlighted and a list of topics and potential speakers will be circulated to the group members prioritise.
The attendees agreed that the group had great potential to bring local conveyancers together to discuss issues affecting them all, to arrange CPD training and to swap best practice and information.
The next meeting has been set for Tuesday 19th March at The Quickstore business Centre in Saltash.
- The CPD hour will be on Chancel - Where are we now?
- The group discussion will be on CPD - The way forward.
Details will be posted on the CTC website shortly and email reminders sent out to everyone.
Thanks to all who attended and I look forward to seeing many more of you at May's breakfast.