There are already various splendid groups available for solicitors, licensed conveyancers and other conveyancing professionals but I believe there is a place for a group specifically serving the needs of the conveyancing profession in Cornwall and Devon
We have such a large geographic area it can be difficult to keep in touch with colleagues and contacts in the conveyancing world.
Our aim is to have a Cornwall and Devon wide group linked to each other through the Cross Tamar Conveyancers website. There will also be groups throughout the 2 counties where conveyancers can;
- swap information
- discuss and debate conveyancing issues.
- explore best practice.
- listen to guest speakers.
- attend events to help with Continuous Professional Development. Especially in light of the recent changes made to how professional development is carried out and recorded.
The website can be built up to be;
- an online forum for discussion.
- a source of information for conveyancing professionals.
- a source of local news relevant to the profession.
- a means of helping promote conveyances in Cornwall and Devon.
Membership will be free of charge and C.T.C. will be a closed group, open only to conveyancing professionals in Cornwall and Devon. We also want the content and aims of the group to be driven by the members.
We are organising our first event, a free of charge breakfast event in Saltash, on Tuesday 24th March. There will be a discussion to outline aims of the group and elicit feedback and ideas and Sanjay Khandelwal of Groundsure will be presenting 1 CPD hour on Energy Reports and Flood Risk.
After this event I will be sending out a survey to as many conveyancers as I can in Cornwall and Devon to get your feedback on things like
- How should the group develop?
- What format should the events take?
- What time of day should they be?
- How often should they take place?
- What would you like to see on the website?
After Saltash we are looking to have our next event in Exeter and, if the response is favourable, to roll the events out around the 2 counties.
Please do let me know if you would be interested in the group and if you have any thoughts on content and structure. You can get in touch with me through the contacts page on this site.
(Disclaimer: The contents of articles within this website are intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. We are not responsible for any loss resulting from acts or omissions taken in respect of content presented herein.)
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net